Surprisingly, Botox has a number of other uses, some FDA-approved and others off-label, which are often overshadowed by its popularity as a means to reduce wrinkles.
1. You no longer sweat: Excessive underarm sweating can be an embarrassing and uncomfortable condition for many, but an expert offers surprising relief to those affected botox face lines.
2. Improves sticky smile: Although not FDA-approved, botox is used to improve the appearance of a "sticky" smile caused by excessive lifting of the upper lip. Injected into the upper lip, botox weakens the muscles so that when you smile, the lips remain deeper and less open than the gums.
3. Lifting eyebrows with botox: While botox is known to improve forehead lines and wrinkles, botox injections can also be used to make things like non-surgical eyebrow lifts.
4. Botox breast lift: Just when you thought you had heard it all, it turns out that Botox is already being used for non-surgical breast lift. This use is not FDA approved and is best for women with smaller breasts.
5. Calves are thinner: For those with large or bulky calves, botox using off-label can contribute to a slimmer look. When injected into the calf, botox causes slight atrophy of the muscles of the lower leg, resulting in a slightly smaller and thinner appearance.
6. Relieve migraines: Chronic migraine sufferers can now find relief with the use of the new FDA-approved Botox.